I have zero doubts that this shoe will perform well. I have read tons of reviews saying that this pair, among the previous Kyrie’s, is the best one yet.
I won’t be doing a performance review. This just a plain tech breakdown and my initial thoughts on the shoes.
– Heel Zoom Unit
– Phylon midsole for court feel
– Mesh upper
– Toebox is reinforced with a forefoot band with Flywire and fuse
– Flywire at the forefoot and instead of your regular circular holes for the laces, you get vertical shaped holes.
– Integrated forefoot band with Flywire cables enhance forefoot motion while maintaining lockdown
– Traction pods, integrated forefoot band and outsole curvature.
– Independent traction pods on the forefoot enhance traction for hard cuts.
– Herringbone/Blade Traction Pattern.
For me, personally, I think the only problem I’ll get with this pair, is the cushioning setup. Will I enjoy it? I don’t know. Will I hate it? Certainly not, it just means it’s not for me but it doesn’t mean I won’t play in them anymore.
Traction. We all know that won’t be a problem for a pair of shoes designed for the player with the best handles in the league (yes he is better than Curry in my personal opinion).
As for the materials and support, they look decent enough. I’m not expecting anything too special out of them. Let’s just hope the ventilation ain’t too shabby.
That is it for the Kyrie 3, the performance review should be up some time this week once I get to try em on.
Thoughts? Hit me up down below.